Terms and Conditions
- The People’s Choice Community Lottery (“Lottery”) is conducted by People’s Choice Community Foundation Limited ABN 97 154 717 987 of 50 Flinders Street, Adelaide SA 5000 (“we”, “us” or “our”).
- These terms and conditions are the rules that apply to the conduct of the Lottery. By purchasing a ticket or accepting a prize, each ticket holder (“you”) agrees to these terms and
- The Lottery is conducted in South Australia, Victoria and the Australian Capital Territory under the following licences/permits:
Licence / Permit number
Australian Capital Territory
The Lottery is also conducted in the Northern Territory under special dispensation granted by the Minister of Racing and Gaming.
- The Lottery is conducted in accordance with:
- the requirements of the Lottery and Gaming Act 1936 (SA) including the Major Lottery Rules set out in regulation 24 of the Lottery And Gaming Regulations 2008 (SA) (see South Australia Lottery and Gaming Regulations 2008 under the Lottery and Gaming Act 1936 for more information);
- the requirements of the Gambling Regulation Act 2003 (VIC) (see Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation for more information); and
- the requirements of the Lotteries Act 1964 (ACT) (see Gambling and Racing Commission for more information).
- 100% of all proceeds from ticket sales for the Lottery benefit participating Charities, Community Groups, Sporting Clubs, Schools and Pre-Schools.
- Ticket sales open at 2.00pm (ACDT) Friday 5 April 2019 and close at 11:29pm (ACST) on Friday 30 August 2019.
- There are 900,000 tickets issued at a cost of $2.00
- Tickets are available for purchase:
- from participating organisations within South Australia, Victoria, the Australian Capital Territory and the Northern Territory; and
- online at communitylottery.com.au by nominating the participating organisation to which the purchase price is to be directed.
- While the Lottery is being conducted, we may, in our discretion, offer additional incentives to assist in and promote the sale of tickets exclusively for the benefit of organisation participating in the Lottery by selling tickets. Any such incentives offered do not change or affect these terms and conditions.
- The following persons are ineligible to purchase tickets in the Lottery for themselves or on behalf of any other person:
- our office holders and employees of the People’s Choice Community Foundation Limited;
- the Nominee for the Lottery (the nominated person responsible for ensuring that the Lottery is conducted in accordance with the applicable requirements); and
- spouses (including de facto partners), parents, children or siblings of our office holders of the People’s Choice Community Foundation
- collection of their personal information by the Foundation;
- use and disclosure of their personal information as necessary to conduct the Lottery and comply with our obligations in relation to the Lottery;
- publication of their name, as set out in these terms and conditions, in the event that the ticket holder wins a prize;
- (ticket holders who purchased their ticket online and did not opt out of receiving direct marketing only) use and disclosure of their personal information in order to undertake direct marketing by the Foundation of offers, services and products of People’s Choice Credit Union and other third parties which you may be interested in. If you do not wish to receive commercial messages from us, you can make this request by contacting us on 13 11 82 or emailing us at CommunityLottery@peopleschoicecu.com.au.; and
- use and disclosure of their personal information in order to undertake direct marketing promoting the Lottery and future lotteries run by the Foundation. If you do not wish to receive commercial messages from us, you can make this request by contacting us on 13 11 82 or emailing us at CommunityLottery@peopleschoicecu.com.au.
- Tickets purchased online between 2.00pm (ACDT) Friday 5 April 2019 and on or before 11.29pm (ACST) on Friday 10 May 2019 will be entered into the draw for the early bird prize which will be drawn at 11am (ACST) on Wednesday 29 May 2019 at 50 Flinders Street Adelaide SA 5000. The details of the early bird prize draw winner will be published in the Adelaide Advertiser and on our website, communitylottery.com.au, on Monday 3 June 2019. The winner of the early bird prize will still be eligible to win the other prizes.
- The draw for all other prizes will take place at 11am (ACST) on Wednesday 9 October 2019 at 50 Flinders Street Adelaide SA 5000. Results will be published in the Adelaide Sunday Mail and on our website communitylottery.com.au, on Sunday 13 October 2019.
- A full list of all prizes and their respective values is available on our website, communitylottery.com.au.
- In the event of a prize not being available at the conclusion of the Lottery or not being available in the State or Territory of residence of the prize winner, the prize winner will be offered an alternative prize of equal value.
- All unsold, lost and unaccounted tickets will be removed from the draw and are ineligible to win any prizes.
- Prize winners will be notified in writing within four (4) days of the draw in which they win a prize notifying the prize winner of the prize won and giving particulars of how the prize is to be delivered or collected. Prize winners may need to collect prizes from a nominated retail outlet. Where this is not reasonably possible, we will make reasonable alternative arrangements with the prize winner for the collection of their prize.
- Subject to clause 15 above, prizes are strictly as advertised and cannot be exchanged for cash. A prize winner is not entitled to any difference between the value of a prize (at the time the prize is awarded) and the recommended retail price (“RRP”).
- Tickets cannot be refunded or exchanged.
- Unclaimed prizes will be dealt with as follows:
- if the winning ticket was purchased in the ACT, if the prize is not collected within 3 months of the date of the draw in which the prize is won, the prize will be subject to a redraw which will take place on a date and time to be advised at 50 Flinders Street Adelaide SA 5000;
- if the winning ticket was purchased in Victoria, the prize shall be retained for a period of 12 months after which the prize shall be disposed of in consultation with the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation; and
- otherwise, the prize shall be retained for a period of three months after which time the prize will be disposed of in consultation with the South Australian office of Consumer and Business Services.
- Chances of winning a prize in the Community Lottery are 1:9000 Each ticket has an equal chance of winning the major prize. Except for the early bird prize, once a ticket has won a prize, the ticket is no longer eligible to win any further prizes.
- When purchasing tickets online, the ticket purchaser will have the option to receive ticket numbers via email or to print a copy of the ticket numbers.
- We accept no responsibility for any entries not received for any reason during the Lottery period, including for lost, late or misdirected entries We are not responsible for unforeseen technical difficulties in relation to or in connection with the online ticket ordering process .We do not warrant that the online ticket ordering process will be available at all times.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law:
- we are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including for negligence) for any loss or damage you may suffer, including loss of opportunity and personal injury and whether direct, indirect, special, or consequential, arising out of or in anyway connected with this Lottery, you purchasing a ticket or attempting to purchase a ticket in this Lottery, or any prize; and
- we are not responsible for the merchantability or fitness for purpose of any prizes and exclude all warranties, express or implied.
- People’s Choice Community Foundation Limited ABN 97 154 717 987 is a subsidiary of People’s Choice Credit Union, a trading name of Australian Central Credit Union Ltd ABN 11 087 651 125, AFSL/Australian Credit Licence 244310 (“People’s Choice Credit Union”). People’s Choice Community Foundation Limited is not an authorised deposit-taking institution and its obligations do not constitute deposits or liabilities of, and are not guaranteed by, People’s Choice Credit Union.